Friday, January 20, 2006

 

Margie Martini Jones


This 50 year site has me thinking about things that happened so long ago. I guess one of the things I remember is one of the few times I tried to be creative when I had not done my homework. It was in Mrs. Jenks Senior English Class that we had to do an oral book report and I had not read a book. Using my debate skills, I made up a book and an author. I worried about being caught but she was fooled.
Several years ago, between jobs, I was a substitute teacher. One day I was in a Wenatchee Senior English class and I told them my story and also how some people got their book reports by just reading reviews. I have often wondered how many of those students took "the shortcut" to book reports and told others about it. I was not a positive influence. When I taught English at Wenatchee Valley College you can be sure I checked out every book report made in my class.
Margie Martini Jones

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?