Monday, February 27, 2006

 

Mike TFA - GETTING IT WRONG



It’s never too late to discover ones flaws,
Related to certain behavior and the underlying cause.
When going through papers from Sunnydale the other day,
I found a report that hinted as to why I went the wrong way.

I admit that some of my classmates are just smarter than me,
Just look at their grades, it’s plain to see.
But, misunderstanding the rules can be a handicap,
So instead of a crack you have a huge gap.

Marilyn, Kay, Brenda and Charles just to name a few,
That always did well when their homework was due.
They put their minds to work on every assignment,
Following the rules with perfect alignment.

I on the other hand was operating from the wrong rule,
It caused me to struggle and not do well in school.
You see, for one reason or other,
I thought you “always judge a book by its cover”.

So I created a cover, the best ever made.
All the while visualizing a wonderful grade.
The teacher of course was not swayed by the show,
And graded the content super low.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?